Hypnotherapy in Schools Programme (HISP) is an intervention which uses clinical hypnotherapy in educational settings to support the learning and/or general well-being of pupils. It can also be used to support staff in schools to manage stress / pressure and feel more emotionally and mentally able to support the pupils in their setting.
HISP incorporates many techniques including hypnotherapy, guided imagery, NLP, direct/indirect suggestion and metaphors to help pupils overcome or manage issues that are preventing them from learning effectively within school. It teaches pupils ways to manage the presenting symptoms so that the negative effect on learning / well-being is reduced. Sometimes the presenting symptoms significantly reduce or resolve completely.
HISP is carried out within the school setting by qualified practitioners with all necessary training, qualifications, experience and insurance.
HISP can offer the following:
- Individual programme of sessions for pupils
- Small group programme of sessions for pupils
- One-off stand-alone session for pupils
- Whole-class programme of sessions (using guided imagery and breathing techniques)
- Whole-class one-off session (using guided imagery and breathing techniques)
- Individual sessions for staff
- Group sessions for staff
- Training in using guided imagery with pupils
- Training in teaching pupils physical relaxation
- Training in what hypnotherapy is/isn’t
- General hypnotherapy CDs
- Personalised hypnotherapy CDs